Home World News Trump raises the possibility of a ‘friendly takeover of Cuba’

Trump raises the possibility of a ‘friendly takeover of Cuba’

President Donald Trump said Friday that the U.S. is in talks with Havana and raised the possibility of a “friendly takeover of Cuba” without offering any details on what he meant. Speaking to reporters outside the White House as he left for a trip to Texas, Trump said Secretary of State Marco Rubio was in discussions with Cuban leaders “at a very high level.”

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Articles

Painting looted by Nazis discovered in home of Dutch SS commander’s family

The renowned painting belonged to the Nazi-looted Goudstikker collection and is believed...

Data reveals 42% drop in Canadian visits to U.S. last year

University of Toronto researchers say cellphone data shows a major drop not...

Iran says it’s ready to “teach a lesson” if U.S. launches new attacks

Iran warns any new U.S. attacks will bring a “bad result,” as...

French media tycoon Vincent Bolloré casts shadow over Cannes opening

As the 79th Cannes Film Festival opens on the Croisette, politics is...