Home World News EU move to ‘provisionally’ apply Mercosur deal a ‘bad surprise’, Macron says

EU move to ‘provisionally’ apply Mercosur deal a ‘bad surprise’, Macron says

France’s President Emmanuel Macron said on Friday that a decision by the European Union to provisionally implement the Mercosur trade deal with South America was a “bad surprise”. France has led opposition to the deal as farmers fear being undercut by cheaper goods from Brazil and its neighbours.

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Articles

Painting looted by Nazis discovered in home of Dutch SS commander’s family

The renowned painting belonged to the Nazi-looted Goudstikker collection and is believed...

Data reveals 42% drop in Canadian visits to U.S. last year

University of Toronto researchers say cellphone data shows a major drop not...

Iran says it’s ready to “teach a lesson” if U.S. launches new attacks

Iran warns any new U.S. attacks will bring a “bad result,” as...

French media tycoon Vincent Bolloré casts shadow over Cannes opening

As the 79th Cannes Film Festival opens on the Croisette, politics is...