Home World News France opens murder probe into killing of far-right activist

France opens murder probe into killing of far-right activist

French authorities have opened a murder probe into the death of a far-right activist last week, a public prosecutor said Monday, in a killing the government has blamed partly on the hard left. Quentin Deranque, 23, died after sustaining a severe brain injury when he was attacked Thursday by “at least six” people on the sidelines of a far-right protest against a left-wing politician speaking at a university in Lyon, the western city’s prosecutor Thierry Dran said at a press conference Monday.

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Articles

How Cuba’s Infrastructure Crisis Is Opening the Door to Foreign Intelligence Networks

DEEP DIVE — On February 13, nighttime light emissions across major Cuban...

#KungFu #robots steal show at China’s Spring Festival gala

Humanoid #robots performing #KungFu routines were among the highlights of China’s Spring...

U.S. and Iran Resume Nuclear Talks Amid Rising Tensions

President Trump has called on Iran to reach an immediate accord or...

Curling cheating scandal divides Swedish and Canadian press

PRESS REVIEW – Tuesday, February 17: It’s been one year since the...