Home World News France opens murder probe into killing of far-right activist

France opens murder probe into killing of far-right activist

French authorities have opened a murder probe into the death of a far-right activist last week, a public prosecutor said Monday, in a killing the government has blamed partly on the hard left. Quentin Deranque, 23, died after sustaining a severe brain injury when he was attacked Thursday by “at least six” people on the sidelines of a far-right protest against a left-wing politician speaking at a university in Lyon, the western city’s prosecutor Thierry Dran said at a press conference Monday.

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Articles

Pentagon Used Anthropic’s Claude in Maduro Venezuela Raid

This Wall Street Journal report investigates allegations that Anthropic’s AI model, Claude,...

Iran calls talks with U.S. “more constructive” as Trump’s threat looms

Iran and the U.S. traded threats and warnings even as negotiators sat...

Moscow mourners mark two years since Navalny’s death in custody

Mourners gathered in Moscow Monday to mark two years since the death...

‘I don’t want to live in hatred’: Gisèle Pelicot publishes her memoir ‘A Hymn to Life’

On the day that her memoir is published, Gisèle Pelicot has again...