Home World News French govt accuses hard left of being responsible for far-right activist’s death

French govt accuses hard left of being responsible for far-right activist’s death

France’s government accused the hard left Monday of being partly responsible for the killing of a far-right activist last week, an accusation that has been refuted by France Unbowed. Quentin Deranque, 23, died of his wounds after being attacked Thursday on the sidelines of a far-right protest against a left-wing politician speaking at a university in the city of Lyon. FRANCE 24’s Politics Editor Marc Perelman brings you this analysis.

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Articles

Ticket Scam Cost the Louvre $12 Million, Investigators Say

The Paris prosecutor’s office said a network involving museum employees and tour...

Iran Holds Exercises in Strait of Hormuz After Trump Threatens Military Action

The day before nuclear talks were set to resume, Iran conducted live...

In Hungary, Marco Rubio Stresses Trump’s Support for Viktor Orban

The U.S. secretary of state said in Budapest that the president was...

Russians mourn Alexei Navalny’s death on 2nd anniversary: ‘He was murdered’

The anniversary coincides with the release of a joint statement by five...